Tuscaloosa’s Premier Asphalt Shingle Roofing Services
Bringing You the Best in Roofing
Tuscaloosa’s Leader in Asphalt Shingle Roofing
Asphalt shingle roofing is often regarded as the most popular and most affordable option for roofing available in Tuscaloosa, AL. Homeowners love its sturdy and reliable nature, in addition to the numerous styles and colors to choose from. With our team’s experience, we can present the options that best fit your building’s budget and enhance its curb appeal.
When you’re looking for the best in asphalt shingle roofing, look to Craftsman Roofing to have your back. Our team of experts will commit to nothing less than the best work on your project and communicate with you every step of the way. You’re going to love your new roof’s quality, we can guarantee it.
To learn more about our asphalt roof services and your options, call Tuscaloosa’s trusted roofing company today at (205) 881-1112 to schedule a free consultation. In addition to asphalt shingle roofing, we also provide metal roofing services.
Types of Asphalt Shingle Roofs We Install
When it comes to asphalt shingles, there are three types to consider for your project: three-tab asphalt shingles, architectural, and luxury asphalt shingles.
Three-tab Asphalt Shingles
These lightweight and energy-efficient shingles are the most common and easy to maintain and are named for the cutout form that gives them a distinct three-piece look. With proper care, three-tab shingles can last up to 20 years.
Architectural Asphalt Shingles
For the longest-lasting shingles, and for the home where curb appeal matters most, architectural shingles are a great choice. With a wider range of color options, dimension-adding laminated styles, and reflective versions to reduce summer cooling costs, you can enjoy the look and feel of these shingles for up to 50 years.
Luxury Asphalt Shingles
For those who value both style and cost, luxury shingles are a worthwhile investment. Cost-effective premium versions of asphalt shingle roofing, the luxury style is designed to emulate high-end cedar or slate roofing with the benefit of costing only 1/10th of the cost of cedar shingles.
The Pros and Cons of Asphalt Shingle Roofing
When making your decision about the type of roofing you prefer, there will always be trade-offs. It’s best to know what to expect. We will work with you to ensure your every concern is addressed so that you choose the shingle that is best for your project.
Pros of Asphalt Shingles
- Affordability: Asphalt is the go-to answer for homeowners on a budget. With proper installation and maintenance, a quality roof doesn’t have to break the bank, especially with our financing options.
- Color Variety: From neutrals to statement colors, there are a variety of options to choose from. Based on your budget, you can even choose asphalt shingle roofing that emulates wood or slate.
- Simple Installation: Asphalt shingle roof repair is simple and the most cost-effective. Should the job require it, new shingles can be installed on top of existing shingles with little difficulty. Asphalt shingles last a lifespan of up to 20 years with proper maintenance.
Cons of Asphalt Shingles
- Not Environmentally Friendly: Asphalt shingles are non-recyclable, due largely to the harmful emissions they release. As the shortest roof lifespan, asphalt shingles contribute a lot of waste.
- Susceptible to Weather: Wide-ranging temperatures and extreme weather conditions can cause cracks and warping of some asphalt shingle types.
Shingle Roof FAQs
What’s the cost of a new asphalt shingle roof in Tuscaloosa?
The cost of asphalt roofs can vary based on the project scope. The size and slope of your home will impact the final cost, in addition to repairs that may be needed underneath your old shingles, and the type of asphalt shingles you choose for the project.
What are the most popular types of shingles in Tuscaloosa?
Architectural shingles have been growing steadily in popularity in the area, and with their longevity, it’s clear to see why. Take solace in knowing that when you install an architectural roof that it is built to last a long time.
What is the average lifespan of an asphalt roof?
With proper maintenance, the average 3-tab asphalt can last about 25 years, while luxury asphalt can go for as long as 40 years.
You're In Good Shape With Craftsman Roofing
At Craftsman Roofing, we’re committed to providing superior customer service and excellent craftsmanship. We’re ready to show our customers exactly what makes us different. We’ll be happy to discuss your residential roofing needs and offer a free, budget-friendly estimate.
Reach out to us today to get your free estimate!